School Nurse Sample Job Description
School Nurse Sample Job Description – Our client is a progressive, independent institution that prioritizes happiness, emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and a challenging curriculum. This curriculum includes foreign language acquisition, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration. The school’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
The curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally-minded families. The intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
The school is seeking an experienced nurse to join its community as the School Nurse. Reporting to the School Principals, the School Nurse will provide health services to students. The Nurse will treat injuries and mild to acute illnesses and support students with chronic illnesses or allergies. In this role, the School Nurse will also assist with preventive care by educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and communicating the importance of proper hygiene. The School Nurse is someone who can soothe anxious children and set appropriate boundaries with adults.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness.
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses, including allergies and asthma.
- Educate students on proper hygiene habits.
- Track students’ medical records and vaccination histories using appropriate software.
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws.
- Assist in teaching Growth Education classes.
- ADN or BSN degree, RN license preferred.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification.
- Previous School Nurse or pediatric experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate important health information to both children and adults.
- School Nurse Sample Job Description