Curriculum Support Specialist – Sample Job Description
Our client is a progressive, independent institution that prioritizes happiness, emotional intelligence, and mindfulness, combined with a challenging curriculum. This curriculum includes language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning the Curriculum Support Specialist helps students and teachers have the opportunity to engage in what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. The school’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to Optimize Neurodevelopment
The curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally-minded families. The intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
The school is seeking an energetic and creative Curriculum Support Specialist to join its faculty for the 2022-2023 school year. Applicants must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Plan, organize, and develop curriculum materials and present in-service activities, workshops, and programs in designated subject areas.
- Provide support services to the school through demonstration lessons, parental involvement activities, and instructional coaching to improve the classroom environment.
- Assist teachers in identifying students’ needs and recommending appropriate instructional methods and materials to increase student achievement.
- Develop and administer assessment instruments to determine the effectiveness of instructional programs.
- Provide curriculum support and assistance for school-based staff in the review and evaluation of instructional materials and educational resources.
- Facilitate the interaction and networking of teachers for the purpose of sharing teaching techniques and strategies.
- Help to maintain school policies, regulations, and expectations.
- Develop and maintain professional, collaborative, and collegial relationships with faculty and staff, as well as with community partners to the benefit of students and classes.
- Support the work of the Principal and administrative leadership team.
- Participate in required non-classroom activities, including Back to School Night(s), parent/student conferences, retreats, faculty meetings, field trips, and special activities and performance events.
- Timely and professional completion of required reports and tasks.
- Represent the school at community or public events in the highest ethical manner.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the school administration.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, teaching, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of teaching experience in a K-8 setting.
- Two (2) years experience in curriculum writing or staff development.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong classroom management skills and expertise in differentiating instruction.
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- Eagerness to learn new technology and systems.
- Strong understanding of teaching through a balanced literacy approach.
- Experience with a problem-solving and discussion-based mathematics approach.
- Strong analytical abilities and enthusiasm for data-driven instruction.
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth, and learning.
- Experience working closely with diverse families.