Campus Director – Sample Job Description
The Campus Director serves as the linchpin for the overall vision, leadership, and strategic direction of the educational campus. This role encompasses a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to, the effective management of campus operations, educational programs, admissions processes, financial aid distribution, career development services, and the upkeep of physical facilities. The Campus Director is also the primary point of contact between the campus and various stakeholders, such as the corporate office, local community, business partners, and accreditation agencies.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement a strategic vision that aligns with the campus’s mission and goals.
- Operational Management: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the campus, ensuring smooth and efficient functioning.
- Educational Excellence: Ensure that academic programs are of high quality and continually updated to meet the needs of students and the job market.
- Student Experience: Work closely with staff to enhance the overall student experience, focusing on maximizing enrollment, retention, and successful placement rates.
- Financial Oversight: Manage all financial aspects, including budgeting, financial aid, and profitability, ensuring the campus operates within its means while maximizing the return on investment for students.
- Stakeholder Communication: Maintain open and effective lines of communication between the campus and its corporate office, as well as with the community, peer institutions, business networks, and accrediting bodies.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that the campus adheres to all local, state, and federal regulations, including Title IV and other major financial aid and admissions programs.
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and supervise professional staff members, fostering an environment of teamwork and professional growth.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educational Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, or a related field is mandatory. A Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a post-secondary educational institution is required.
- Staff Supervision: At least 3 years of experience in supervising professional staff, preferably within a post-secondary educational setting.
- Leadership Skills: Proven ability to lead and manage teams effectively.
- Financial and Regulatory Proficiency: Comprehensive understanding of Title IV programs, other major financial aid schemes, and admissions processes, along with a strong grasp of compliance requirements at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Reporting Skills: At least 3 years of experience in preparing and presenting both narrative and statistical reports, ideally within a post-secondary educational context.
- Budget Management: A minimum of 3 years of experience in budget preparation and administration, preferably in a post-secondary educational setting.
- Analytical Skills: At least 3 years of experience in planning, analyzing, and evaluating programs and services, taking into consideration operational needs and fiscal constraints, ideally in a post-secondary educational environment.
- Regulatory Knowledge: Must possess a continually updated understanding of all regulatory and compliance procedures at local, state, and federal levels.
By joining our team as the Campus Director, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our institution and the lives of our students. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact while working in a dynamic and rewarding environment.