Manager, Career Services Sample Job Description
Manager, Career Services Sample Job Description – The primary goal of this role is to help the campus achieve targeted employment rates in specific programs by supporting both current students and graduates with various employment needs. This support includes assistance with job searches, resume, and cover letter writing, and coaching on professionalism and interviewing.
- Assist students in all aspects of career preparation, including resume and cover letter development, job searches, company research, and interview skills.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential employers to secure employment opportunities for graduates and current students.
- Maintain ongoing communication with employers regarding student interview results and employer expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all ACCSC requirements for specified programs regarding student employment by staying current on regulations and tracking and verifying student employment and graduation percentages.
- Organize and conduct meetings with potential graduates every term to ensure all graduation requirements are met.
- Input, track, and update progress data for various campus reports.
- Update and track changes in the career services database and ensure accurate record-keeping through periodic file review.
- Attend and participate in program-specific PAC (Program Advisory Committee) meetings.
- Inform and recruit employers to participate in program-specific PAC meetings.
- Support campus retention rates by helping current students gain employment that will allow them to continue with their programs.
- Maintain contact with employers offering temporary employment opportunities for students.
- Confirm enrollment of new students and discuss career services information and their career goals.
- Support graduates with career advancement beyond initial employment
- Represent the institution at career fairs and veteran transition events to network with employers and support student admissions
- Conduct presentations at Student Orientations, VA Briefings, and in classrooms regarding career services information as necessary
- Guide students in meeting the needs of potential employers
- Attend and participate in campus leadership & TRIAD meetings
- Conduct operational meetings with Career Services Advisors
- Provide support to other departments as needed
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
This position requires light work, occasionally lifting up to 20 pounds, while frequently lifting up to 10 pounds. Administrative work requires sitting for long periods of time and consistent use of regular office equipment. The position requires the ability to express complex topics through speech and written communication. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions but may occasionally be exposed to chemical odors.
Qualifications Working Hours:
A 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday, with schedule flexibility to meet student and departmental needs for both day and evening students.
- An Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Education, or a related field is required.
- An additional two (2) years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a formal degree.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in Recruiting, Staffing, Career Coaching, or a related field is required.
- Manager, Career Services Sample Job Description