High School Science Teacher Sample Job Description
High School Science Teacher Sample Job Description – Our client is a progressive, independent institution that emphasizes happiness, emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and a challenging curriculum. This curriculum includes language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, and collaboration. The school’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
The curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally-minded families. The intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
The school is seeking an exceptional High School Science Teacher to join its faculty for the 2023-2024 school year. The candidate must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Teach classes as assigned, providing effective and professional classroom instruction, assessment, and management.
- Provide individual and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Design and implement curriculum and instruction consistent with the mission, values, and standards established with the school program.
- Collaborate with colleagues on curriculum development and on enhancing instructional practices and strategies.
- Establish effective communications and relationships with students and parents.
- Timely and professional completion of required reports and tasks.
- Keep current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of the school’s curriculum.
- Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge to provide an effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Re-teach, reinforce, and/or consolidate specific science skills or concepts.
- Provide accelerated science instruction and enrichment as needed to students.
- Capitalize on cross-curricular opportunities with a particular emphasis on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) curriculum; thoughtfully integrate technology that engages students in scientific thinking.
- Refine assessment practices to establish goals and objectives for students using developmentally appropriate evaluation procedures, and regularly review these with teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Exhibit a growth mindset about teaching practices and work toward professional goals and development.
- Help to maintain school policies, regulations, and expectations.
- Develop and maintain professional, collaborative, and collegial relationships with faculty and staff, as well as with community partners to the benefit of students and classes.
- Support the work of the Principal and administrative leadership team.
- Participate in in-service workshops, meetings, sessions, and all other defined activities, as well as other areas of school life.
- Represent the school at community or public events in the highest ethical manner.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the school administration.
- Be responsible at all times for the supervision of students in your care during classes and for students generally at all times when on campus or off campus.
- Florida teaching credential preferred, including a minimum of bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of teaching science to high school students.
- Solid subject matter knowledge in most of these areas: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to establish effective rapport with students, staff members, and parents.
- Comfort with technology and an openness to integrate academic technology into the classroom; experience with Google Classroom, Zoom, SeeSaw, and other online platforms is a plus.
- A positive outlook and a willingness to be part of a collaborative team.
- High School Science Teacher Sample Job Description