- Full Time
- Erie, PA
The Veterinary Technician Program Instructor is responsible and accountable for teaching veterinary technician classes on a full-time or part-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching veterinary technician classes (in-person and online)
- Ensure updated veterinary technician information for classes
- Ensure department compliance with AVMA, IACUC, USDA, and DEA
- Conduct bi-annually program advisory committee meetings
- Continuously evaluate textbooks and new medical technology equipment used to ensure achievement of education objectives
- Participate in the professional growth and personal development goals and activities of faculty
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Degree in Veterinary Medicine from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- A License as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, and presentation software)
- Minimum 2-year relevant experience
- Willingness to adapt and maintain a positive orientation to change and to learn new methodologies, technologies, and systems
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal and professional integrity that communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start.
- A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions, managing projects, and addressing emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods.