- Full Time
- Austin, TX
Training & Development Specialist:
Responsible for talent management systems, including developing, and implementing virtual training activities throughout the organization, specializing in training programs for all personnel, including customer service, admissions, compliance, and new employees. Helps to identify training needs and designs support materials including audio-visual aids, computer presentations, manuals, workbooks, and scripts.
- Manages and maintains talent management system to include system configuration and maintenance; serving as the primary internal contact for user accounts, maintenance, and troubleshooting; testing course functionality; working with enrollments and waitlists; regular reporting metrics; system notifications; current and future curricula; pre- and post-event surveys; training catalogs and calendars; development plans; assessments, and performance evaluations
- Designs, develops, and delivers training programs to include; new hire, on-boarding, skill development, and reinforcement training.
- Develop and maintain training tools, including worksheets, scripts, templates, databases, and reports
- Identifies training opportunities, evaluates trends, conducts online webinars, and manages the online learning management system
- Use a variety of instructional methods to ensure maximum delivery effectiveness, including role-play sessions, monitored simulations, and problem-solving scenarios
- Monitor trainees’ knowledge before and after training to help determine follow-up training required
- Work closely with management in the admissions rep evaluation process to identify skills and areas needing improvement
- Work one-on-one with employees to reinforce skills taught during training sessions
- Evaluate training effectiveness and modify training programs as needed
- Create interactive, multimedia presentations
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Human Resources, Instructional Design, or equivalent
- Experience in adult learning concepts
- Web-based course development experience
- Prior experience with talent management systems ideal
- Desire and ability to continuously improve internal processes and tools
- Significant experience in the education industry
- Solid working knowledge of federal and state government education regulations.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
Computer Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Experience working in training development software such as Captiva, Articulate, Moodle, Etc…
Writing and Communication Skills:
Excellent presentation skills. Strong writing and editing capabilities. Excellent oral communication skills.
Skills, Abilities, or Other Qualifications:
A skilled facilitator. Ability to work with multiple situations and handle diverse issues in a time-sensitive environment, with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and competing priorities simultaneously. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and attention to detail. Able to follow established processes, clearly articulate business, and system requirements, and thoroughly and clearly document processes.