- Full Time
- Dallas, TX
Refrigeration Instructor – Dallas, TX
The instructor is tasked with facilitating student learning, aiming to achieve the outlined program and course objectives. This role encompasses organizing all aspects of the learning environment, including the delivery of material, maintaining cleanliness, and ensuring safety during both lab and lecture sessions. The instructor is also responsible for delivering the approved curriculum for the program.
- Inspire and motivate students by displaying professionalism and enthusiasm, and by being sensitive to their concerns. Engage them actively in classroom discussions and activities.
- Recognize and adapt to different student learning styles.
- Maintain a consistently safe environment.
- Manage classroom and lab tools, as well as the LMS/Canvas environment.
- Utilize LMS/Canvas features for announcements, discussions, quizzes, videos, communication, and gradebook management.
- Post weekly motivational quotes, tips, etc., in LMS/Canvas.
- Upload videos/tutorials as needed to LMS/Canvas to enhance student engagement and comprehension.
- Provide comprehensive feedback on assignments, rooted in the rubric and content scope.
- Promptly respond to initial threaded discussion posts and student communications within 24-36 hours.
- Facilitate extended discussions, in person or via LMS/Canvas, to promote critical thinking.
- Conduct live online virtual sessions for the didactic portion weekly, or more frequently as required.
- Monitor the course Q&A, responding to all posts within 24-36 hours.
- Identify and assist struggling students, using approved academic advising forms.
- Reach out weekly to students who miss scheduled courses.
- Support and enforce school policies; advise students on attendance, grades, and discipline issues.
- Complete mid-module assessments for each student.
- Maintain an ethical testing environment.
- Evaluate the curriculum regularly and provide feedback using the approved form.
- Pursue continuing education to maintain field knowledge and professional development.
- Attend semi-annual graduations and mandatory faculty meetings.
- Keep accurate records of student grades and attendance.
- Complete final grades as instructed.
- Assist students requiring tutoring and consult with leadership for extensive tutoring needs.
- Work with students to resolve concerns, make appropriate referrals, and keep leadership informed.
- Assist in developing and implementing a safety program, monitor compliance and report infractions.
- May require evening and weekend work to meet business needs.
- Assist with curriculum development, lesson plans, test writing, and curriculum calls.
- Refer personnel issues to leadership, including leave requests, scheduling, and salary questions.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 7 years of practical field experience within the past 10 years.
- Hold a current industry-recognized certification, diploma/degree with a minimum of 15 SCH, or equivalent postsecondary education in the field.
- Experience and education combination subject to review by the Director of Training, Director of Education, or VP of Education.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- May involve long periods of standing.
- Use of office equipment such as calculators, keyboards, telephone.
- May require stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching.
- Work may be in classroom or shop environment.
- Exposure to varied conditions such as humidity, moving parts, precarious places, fumes, particles, chemicals, outdoor weather, and electrical shock risks.
- Occasionally required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.