- Full Time
- Dallas, TX
Program Director, HVAC – Dallas, TX
The HVAC Program Director is responsible for the overall management and success of the HVAC training program. This leadership role entails not only facilitating student learning and development but also organizing and optimizing all aspects of the program. The Director will inspire and motivate students, recognizing their diverse learning styles, and tailor the educational approach to meet these needs. Critical functions include maintaining accurate academic records, providing student advisement, upholding institutional policies, and ensuring the program’s quality and integrity.
- Oversee and deliver comprehensive HVAC lessons and practical applications, adhering to established lesson plans.
- Foster student engagement through dynamic teaching methods, including discussions and hands-on activities.
- Customize teaching strategies to accommodate various student learning preferences.
- Maintain precise records of student attendance, academic progress, and grading.
- Guide students regarding academic performance, disciplinary matters, and adherence to school policies.
- Create and sustain a secure and conducive learning atmosphere.
- Manage the issuance, inspection, repair, and instruction on the proper use of classroom tools and equipment.
- Ensure fair and ethical testing and assessment environments.
- Continually assess and update the curriculum to ensure its relevance and effectiveness.
- Keep all classroom and program equipment in excellent working order through regular evaluations and maintenance.
- Promptly communicate any needs for supplies and equipment to the relevant departments.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and stay current with industry standards and innovations.
- Contribute to instructor training programs and professional growth activities.
- Oversee the procurement and inventory management of educational materials and tools.
- Train to provide instruction across various aspects of the HVAC program.
- Investigate and adopt innovative educational methods and industry best practices.
- Step in as an assistant instructor when necessary.
- Perform regular classroom and lab inspections, coordinating maintenance as needed.
- Address equipment repair needs promptly and effectively.
- Offer targeted tutoring support to students requiring additional assistance.
- Participate in the enforcement and enhancement of safety protocols.
- Conduct monthly peer assessments, offering constructive feedback.
- Play a pivotal role in curriculum advancement and refinement.
- Handle personnel matters or direct them to the appropriate leadership channels.
- Address and resolve student issues or guide students to the proper resources.
- Take on leadership responsibilities as dictated by the needs of the program.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.