- Waukesha, WI
President, Continuing Education (Confidential) – Waukesha, WI
The President is a pivotal leadership role, responsible for steering the company’s strategic direction and ensuring operational excellence. This position encompasses a broad range of responsibilities, from business management, where the President will analyze market trends, develop strategies, and ensure the company’s financial and market objectives are met, to personnel management, emphasizing employee engagement, training, and performance evaluations. The role also demands prudent budgeting, adherence to administrative processes, efficient facilities management, and fostering key relationships in the continuing medical education sector. The ideal candidate should be commercially savvy, uphold the highest ethical standards, and be results-driven. A Master’s or Doctoral degree, coupled with 7-10 years of relevant experience and a strong management background, is essential for this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Business Management:
- Guide the company’s operations to assess market conditions and develop strategies.
- Analyze market trends for growth opportunities, modality expansion, and technology enablement.
- Develop competitive strategies in healthcare continuing education and program differentiation.
- Formulate and implement a strategic plan to achieve financial goals and market presence.
- Communicate strategic objectives to staff and promote partnership development expansion.
- Regularly monitor progress towards goals and adjust business plans as necessary.
2. Personnel Management:
- Ensure employee training, engagement, and commitment to company success.
- Set performance goals for leadership roles and provide regular direction, support, and accountability to direct reports.
- Maintain high employee morale and adhere to guidelines for personnel discipline.
- Offer regular feedback, conduct annual formal reviews, and oversee hiring, retention, and staff development.
- Foster an open feedback system among employees.
3. Budgeting and Expense Control:
- Manage staffing within budget parameters and prioritize existing staff before new hires.
- Regularly monitor key expense areas for cost management.
- Adhere to approval levels for contracts, leases, and capital equipment purchases.
- Ensure compliance with administrative processes and reporting.
- Regularly assess administrative functions for efficiency.
- Shape the organization’s culture and tone.
5. Facilities Management:
- Maintain welcoming, safe, and presentable premises.
- Implement safety protocols and adhere to lease requirements.
- Optimize scheduling of seminars, courses, and webinars for efficient use of resources.
6. Program Initiation:
- Foster relationships related to the company’s continuing medical education business.
- Manage and participate in education programs related to the President’s expertise.
7. Other Duties:
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Commercially astute with an understanding of business implications.
- Upholds integrity, ethics, and open communication.
- Organized with effective project planning skills.
- Dynamic and disciplined with a focus on quality outcomes.
- Results-oriented with expertise in medical imaging continuing education.
- Strong networking abilities with external organizations and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates urgency, adaptability, and team leadership skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s or Doctoral degree with relevant designations.
- 7-10 years of related experience.
- At least 5 years in management/leadership roles.
- Experience in budget development, management, and profit and loss.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.