- Full Time
- Houston, TX
Job Title: VN Faculty
Summary: Faculty will ensure ethical conduct, sound educational practices, and the academic development of each student, with focus on the mission objectives of the College. In this position, faculty delivers the curriculum to help students achieve their educational goals. Faculty will also manage their classrooms and promote a positive and engaging learning environment, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. Faculty are to “model” the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in lab and clinical instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students.
- Participate in on-going faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaging classroom for all students.
- Maintain required certification and licensure.
- Actively participate in meeting, review and analyze data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines.
- Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies’, guidelines, along with internal policies of the company.
- Monitor attendance of students and submit to Program Director before leaving work day/evening.
- Follow syllabi and lesson plans to maintain a pace to meet requirements established for the course.
- Ensure strict adherence to school schedule.
- Notify Director of all incidents and/or issues immediately.
- Participates with RN course faculty in grading tests and assignments, according to established keys and rubrics.
- Maintain and clean classrooms, laboratory areas and faculty offices.
- Arrive for work, be in your classroom to greet students and begin class on time.
- Supervising students in clinical learning experiences.
- Supervising all initial nursing procedures performed by the student in the clinical area and ascertaining that the student is competent before allowing the student to perform an actual nursing procedure independently.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating curriculum.
- Participating in the development, implementation, and enforcement of standards/policies for admission, progression, probation, and dismissal of students, and participation in academic guidance and counseling.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking – Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BSN or higher from an accrediting institution.
Each nurse faculty member shall: Hold a current license or privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas; have been actively employed in nursing for the past three (3) years or have advanced preparation in nursing, nursing education, and/or nursing administration; have had three (3) years varied nursing experiences since graduation; and show evidence of teaching abilities and maintaining current knowledge, clinical expertise, and safety in the subject areas of teaching responsibility.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certification, Registry and/or Licensure in field of instruction approved and recognized by state regulation agency and accrediting organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
Mission Statement: The College is dedicated to providing quality training to individuals interested in the allied health care fields. Knowledge and proficiency are attained through demonstration; actual operation of equipment; and practice of learned techniques. It is our aim to provide students with the knowledge and technical proficiency that will make them employable for entry level positions in the allied health care field.