- Full Time
- Austin, TX
Medical Sonography Clinical Coordinator
The Clinical Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching students, developing and maintaining clinical affiliations, supervising students in clinical settings, and maintaining records of the clinical education component.
The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through excellence in learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning, and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
Incumbent must assure that the college’s philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and an environment that is conducive to innovation, positive thinking, and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements: DMS Clinical Coordinator
- Develop and maintains clinical affiliations at facilities for clinical and externship
- Coordinates schedules for clinical rotations, coordinates faculty assignments for clinical staff
- Mentors and monitors clinical faculty
- Collects records and reports, retains case logs, and clinical evaluations
- Ensures that students meet clinical affiliate requirements for the rotation in a clinical setting
- Maintains a record of grades in a formal grade book or electronic record, which is backed up and secured
- Reports academic progress of students and submits final grades to PD/Registrar
- Attends mandatory faculty meetings and in-service activities
- Maintains continuing education and professional growth activity and documentation
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, institutional, and programmatic regulations
- Adheres to academic policies/procedures for compliance
- Assist with student advising
- Assist Director of Education/Education Coordination with administrative functions
Key Job Elements: DMS Instructor
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the college model of curricula as well as supports the college’s style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers excellence of class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities that support lesson objectives, and delivers the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction that fosters competencies and establishes student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers excellence in learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Provides weekly feedback to students, taking special care to provide comprehensive feedback at the conclusion of the mid-term mark, providing struggling students with opportunities to improve.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, taking attendance, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Attends a majority of general faculty, departmental, and school-wide meetings.
- Contributes service to the campus by actively participating on at least one special project committee each year.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Answers questions related to program content that may impact curriculum and delivery of objectives for courses. Also attends Program Advisory Committee meetings once a year to the program for which the expertise is appropriate.
- Specialties: Abdomen, OBGYN, and Vascular
- Degree: AS degree in Sonography
- Minimum of 3 Years in the field