- Full Time
- Grand Junction, CO
Medical Assistant Instructor – Grand Junction, CO
The Instructor is responsible for delivering the established curriculum to students in a professional and proficient manner. This position also assigns and grades assignments, inputs attendance records, and ensures an effective learning environment through classroom management.
- Prepare for and instruct established and approved curriculum and lesson plans to students in a professional manner
- Review and discuss syllabi requirements at the start of each term with students
- Answer all student questions as they arise to ensure student understanding and completion of material
- Ensure students are aware of safety policies and monitor for correct procedures
- Maintain professionalism within the classroom and coach students on their professionalism
- Manage and resolve student issues in the classroom as necessary
- Manage all classroom activity including lecturing, student assistance, and lab instruction
- Ensure students are attending class and arriving on time, and resolve attendance issues as needed
- Record student attendance, grades, and all student interactions in student files and on database in a timely manner
- Collect all outside work from 25% of the students in a class to meet ACCSC requirements
- Attend weekly and annual trainings to maintain currency in the field and continual improvement of personal teaching strategies
- Work closely with the Program Supervisor to manage student issues that could potentially lead to low retention rates
- Advise students on issues affecting their education and provide guidance as needed
- Setup lab area for daily instructional activities including equipment setup
- Recognize need for and initiate student support plans, warning, and tutoring as needed
- Assist in the maintenance of quality equipment and tools for program use
- Maintain industry-specific community relations in order to secure guest speakers and assist students in gaining employment
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires light work, occasionally lifting up to 20 pounds while frequently lifting up to 10 pounds. Instruction requires standing for long periods of time (up to 5 hours at a time), expressing complex topics through speech, sufficient vision to write notes for instruction, and hearing to interact with students. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Hours include both instructional and outside administrative time. This position requires a split shift, with 5 hours in the morning and 5 hours in the evening, Monday – Thursday.
- Successful completion of an educational Medical Assisting or related program
- Experience: 3+ years (minimum 4,000 hours) experience in Medical Assisting or a related field
- License(s)/Certification(s): Active RMA or equivalent certification within 6 months of hire
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.