- Full Time
- Springfield, OR
Manager, Trauma Program – Springfield, OR
This position is responsible for organizing network hospital systems necessary to support our multidisciplinary approach to care for trauma patients. The role assumes day-to-day responsibility for the process of care and performance improvement activities for trauma patients, including educational and administrative activities related to the care of critically injured patients.
- Coordinate healthcare services for all trauma patients during acute and inpatient care periods.
- Assist the multidisciplinary trauma team in developing a care philosophy consistent with providing quality service, including the development of educational and administrative activities related to the care of critically injured patients and their families, as well as an injury prevention program.
- Ensure quality, service, and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Provide operational leadership for planning, developing, and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for the assigned area.
- Work closely with the Trauma Medical Director, other hospital medical staff, leadership, and pre-hospital care providers to coordinate all aspects of the trauma program and ongoing staff/public education.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Current ACLS and TNCC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, lead change, and stay current with healthcare environment changes, translating those changes into operational plans to discern and interpret the potential impact on the assigned department/community(s).
Details of the role:
- Monitor clinical processes, outcomes, and system issues related to the quality of care; develop quality filters, audits, and concurrent case reviews; identify trends and sentinel events.
- Oversee and develop trauma program staff, managing the selection, training, development, and evaluation of assigned staff. May be responsible for financial management of resources and budgets related to assigned areas, as well as financial reporting.
- Provide management oversight to the Trauma Registry activities, in collaboration with the Center for Healthcare Improvement (CHI), including coding and scoring accuracy and developing processes for validation. Work with CHI to design reports, answer queries, and help facilitate quality initiatives. Continue to develop the “Outcomes Module” component of the trauma registry for trauma performance improvement tracking.
- Identify the educational needs of staff participating in trauma care and communicate needs to appropriate individuals. Plan trauma educational opportunities for nurses, physicians, and ancillary staff.
- Serve as a liaison to administration and represent the trauma program at various internal (hospital) and external (local, regional, state, national) meetings to enhance and foster optimal trauma care management.
Skills and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Three years of nursing experience in the direct care of trauma patients in a critical care setting
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- Current Oregon State Nursing license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.