- Full Time
- Grand Junction, CO
HVAC Instructor – Grand Junction, CO
Experience in your field is required, but no prior teaching experience is necessary, we will support and train you.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes a generous amount of paid time off starting at 144 hours a year, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, HSA Matching, 401k, company-paid life insurance, company paid Long term disability, Short Term Disability, employee assistance access, etc.
The Instructor is responsible for delivering the established curriculum to students in a professional and proficient manner. This position also assigns and grades assignments, inputs attendance records, and ensures an effective learning environment through classroom management.
- Prepare for and instruct established and approved curriculum and lesson plans to students in a professional manner
- Answer all student questions as they arise to ensure student understanding and completion of material
- Ensure students are aware of safety policies and monitor for correct procedures
- Maintain professionalism within the classroom and coach students on their professionalism and any issues affecting their education
- Manage and resolve student issues in the classroom as necessary
- Manage all classroom activities including lecturing, student assistance, and lab instruction
- Ensure students are attending class and arriving on time, and resolve attendance issues as needed
- Record student attendance, grades, outside work, and all student interactions in student files and on the database in a timely manner
- Attend periodic training to maintain currency in the field and continual improvement of personal teaching strategies
- Setup lab area for daily instructional activities including equipment setup
- Work with the Program Supervisor to initiate student support plans, and warnings as needed
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The position requires medium work, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds while frequently lifting up to 20 pounds. Instruction requires standing for long periods of time (up to 5 hours at a time), expressing complex topics through speech, sufficient vision to write notes for instruction, and hearing to interact with students. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Full-Time – Monday-Thursday 9am-2pm and 5pm-10pm
- Associate’s degree or completion of a certificate program in HVAC or a related field
- 5+ years (minimum 10,000 hours) of experience in Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, and/or Refrigeration maintenance or a related field
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.