- Full Time
- Miami, FL
High School Spanish Teacher – Miami, FL
Our client is a progressive, independent institution that prioritizes happiness, emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and a challenging curriculum. This curriculum includes language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, and collaboration. The school’s approach to learning is strengths-based, providing all students and teachers with opportunities to engage in what they love through project- and problem-based learning. The school’s mission is to promote:
- Student happiness and thriving
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
The curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally-minded families. The school’s intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
The school is seeking an exceptional High School Spanish Teacher to join its growing faculty for the upcoming school year. The candidate must be comfortable being on campus with students in person. The shift will be 8 hours daily.
- Collaborate with the Principals and the Curriculum Director to develop and teach a curriculum that engages all learners in meaningful, challenging work that cultivates 21st-century skills.
- Ensure that all students achieve key learning outcomes for the grade level, targeting instruction thoughtfully to address individual needs.
- Track student performance using measurable data, and enrich their progress with visible results.
- Build a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community.
- Use preventative intervention strategies to guide student progress in developing social and emotional skills that will help them navigate a path to higher learning.
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture.
- Deeply connect with students and vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety, and respect.
- Communicate with parents and lead parent-student-teacher meetings to facilitate progress in and outside of the classroom.
Essential skills and experience
- Hold a master’s degree or equivalent experience in Spanish or a related field from an accredited college or university with teaching credentials.
- Have 2-3 years in a lead teacher role, preferably in Spanish at the high school level.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong classroom management skills and expertise in differentiating instruction.
Nonessential skills and experience
- Eagerness to learn new technology and systems.
- Strong understanding of teaching through a balanced literacy approach.
- Experience with a problem-solving and discussion-based approach.
- Strong analytical abilities and enthusiasm for data-driven instruction.
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth, and learning.
- Experience working closely with diverse families.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.