- Full Time
- Riffa, Kingdom of Bahrain
Finance Faculty (Full Time) – Riffa, Kingdom of Bahrain
Our client invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in finance beginning in the Spring semester 2022 – 2023. Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. in finance obtained from a reputable western university.
Preferences will be given to candidates who have demonstrated excellent skills in teaching at the undergraduate level in both face-to-face and online modes. Relevant industry experience will be considered an advantage.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach finance courses such as: Investments, Corporate Finance, and Starting a New Business, among others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in finance and other related courses.
- Prepare course syllabus, plan lessons and assignments.
- Assess students’ progress by grading assignments, papers, exams, and other work.
- Advise students about which classes to take and how to achieve their goals.
- Work with colleagues to develop or modify the curriculum for a degree or certificate program involving a series of courses.
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field.
- Invigilating examinations
- Attending faculty meetings
- General administration works in relation to teaching and assessments’ quality assurance.
- Writing research proposals, papers, and other publications
- Supervising projects/thesis for both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Master/MBA/Ph.D./DBA degree in finance, from a recognized institution (required)
- Experience teaching finance programs at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Minimum of three years of experience in teaching and developing a higher education program in finance or comparable experience in the industry.
- Minimum Ranking of Assistant Professor or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with peers, leadership, and external constituents, including the business community.
- Knowledge and experience of using LMS (preferable).
- Demonstrate leadership aligned with core values of integrity, engagement, excellence, and desire to make a difference.