- Full Time
- Riffa, Bahrain
College of Business – Faculty, Accounting
The American University of Bahrain (AUBH) College of Business and Management invites applications for full-time faculty positions in Accounting starting in the Fall semester of 2023-2024. Candidates are expected to hold a relevant degree obtained from a reputable university. Preferences will be given to candidates who have demonstrated excellent skills in teaching at the undergraduate level in both face-to-face and online modes.
Relevant industry experience will be considered as an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Teach up to five courses per semester depending on the rank.
- Prepare course syllabus, plan lessons, and assignments.
- Assess students’ progress by grading assignments, papers, exams, and other work.
- Advise students about which classes to take and how to achieve their goals.
- Work with colleagues to develop or modify the curriculum for a degree or certificate program involving a series of courses.
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field.
- Invigilating examinations.
- Attending faculty meetings.
- General administration work in relation to teaching and assessments’ quality assurance.
- Writing research proposals, papers, and other publications.
- Supervising projects/thesis of students.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- For Lecturer, a minimum of a master’s degree in a related field, from a recognized institution.
- For Assistant or Associate Professor, a terminal degree is required.
- Experience teaching in business programs at the higher education level.
- Undergraduate degrees from the United States and teaching experience at a higher education level in the United States.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with peers, leadership, and external constituents, including the business community.
- Knowledge and experience in using learning management systems (LMS).
- Demonstrate leadership aligned with AUBH’s core values of integrity, engagement, excellence, and desire to make a difference.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.