- Full Time
- Austin, TX
DMS Instructor – Austin, TX
The DMS Instructor is responsible for facilitating meaningful learning of course competencies in the curriculum while proactively supporting all aspects of the learning environment. The instructor aims to provide education through learning-centered instruction, empowering graduates to meet evolving marketplace demands. They foster a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, respect, life-long learning, ethics, and personal and professional development. The instructor must ensure that the College’s philosophy – quality services to clients, employee development and growth, adherence to sound economic principles, and an environment conducive to innovation, positive thinking, and expansion – is integrated into their duties and responsibilities.
Key Job Elements:
- Provide competency-based education aligned with the College’s curricular model and delivery system.
- Design and deliver class instruction through instructional plans that meet course competencies and support lesson objectives.
- Enable the achievement of pre-defined exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation by fostering competencies and establishing student performance criteria.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement, and effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Offer weekly feedback to students, ensuring comprehensive feedback at the mid-term mark and providing struggling students with opportunities to improve.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule, demonstrating a passion for teaching and students, and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manage the learning environment through accurate record-keeping, attendance tracking, timely grade submission, and enforcement of school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Attend a majority of general faculty, departmental, and school-wide meetings.
- Contribute to campus service by actively participating in at least one special project committee each year.
- Relate professional/life/industry experience to learning by continuing professional/technical skills development, introducing industry perspectives into courses, and maintaining awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Address questions related to program content that may impact curriculum and delivery of objectives for courses. Attend Program Advisory Committee meetings once a year for the appropriate program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements; Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Accountability:
- Proficiency in teaching methodology, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and guidance.
- Appropriate credential(s) specific to the concentrations offered.
- A minimum of three years of full-time professional experience as a general Sonographer, cardiac Sonographer, pediatric cardiac Sonographer, and/or vascular technologist (full-time is defined as 35 hours per week).
- An academic degree no lower than an associate’s degree and at least equal to that for which graduates are being prepared.
- Vascular Certification preferred, in addition to Abdomen and OB, or at least eligible to sit for certification. A certificate, degree, or post-secondary education and relevant experience to meet state (TWC) and accreditation requirements.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.