- Full Time
- Houston, TX
Director of Student Outcomes – Houston, TX
The Coordinator will oversee the activities of Student Services, Business Office, and Career Services, including student advising, registrar, student accounts, and career services staff. The role involves managing student assistance processes and maintaining professional relationships with key stakeholders.
Student Services Responsibilities:
- Supervise student status change processes, including leave of absence, withdrawals/dismissals, program changes, shift changes, and graduation
- Oversee inventory management for textbooks, student t-shirts, and tool kits
- Manage the school re-entry process and counsel at-risk students
- Ensure compliance with local and national regulations regarding student service practices
- Lead retention efforts for the school in collaboration with the Academic Dean, developing retention improvement strategies
- Formulate and enforce student policies and procedures to promote student learning and support the educational program
- Maintain accurate student records and provide student assistance in areas such as housing, academic and personal counseling, transportation
- Analyze reports to identify potential problems and solutions
Career Services Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and manage career development assistance programs for students, graduates, and alumni
- Build relationships with industry constituents and partners to identify employment opportunities
- Develop new strategies to support graduating students, ensuring department compliance with government accreditation and other regulatory bodies
- Supervise the operational functions of the Career Services office
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills for reading, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting information
- Strong mathematical skills for calculations and algebraic concepts
- Proficient problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CampusVue, and Payroll
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds occasionally
- Ability to perform tasks requiring standing, walking, and sitting; and frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a minimum of two years of experience in a related field
- Ten years of related experience is strongly preferred
- You will directly supervise employees in the Student Services, Business Office, and Career Services departments, performing responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Note: This job description may be subject to change at any time with or without notice. It is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.