- Full Time
- Dallas, TX
Director of Life Management (Student / Employee Services)
Reports to the College President. In general, is responsible for counseling students and significant others regarding personal concerns and issues related to academic success, coordinating programs related to retention, and coordinating tutor services for students.
- Must hold a master’s degree in counseling and be licensed in the state.
- A degree in Social Work will be considered.
- 3-5 years of Postsecondary College experience is helpful.
- Counseling students regarding personal concerns; providing referrals to community resources, if needed.
- Counseling students regarding academic issues such as study skills, test anxiety, and other impediments to student success and graduation.
- Coordinating the student mentor program
- Coordinating accommodations for students who have needs under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Be a student advocate
- Work in collaboration with faculty/administration to assist students experiencing personal or academic concerns
- Monitor and contact students who are absent from classes or who are showing warning signs that could put them at risk for academic failure.
- Participate in administrative meetings and committees as assigned
- Evaluate and coordinate programs used to improve retention, such as the Noel-Levitz Retention Management System
- Administer College Student Inventory (CSI) during first-day registration in collaboration with the Admissions Department
- Meet individually with students to interpret and discuss CSI results
- Provide information and resources as indicated by CSI results and student interviews to assist in developing an action plan for success
- Follow up on student referrals made by instructors (FEWS forms) or administrators
- Hire, train, and supervise Student Outreach Assistant to connect with students on a peer-to-peer level to assess student satisfaction and improve overall student retention
- Organize or help organize student support activities for groups such as women or multicultural students
- Recruit and coordinate tutor volunteers for the individual tutor match-up program
- Hire, train, and supervise student assistant tutors to staff the campus Academic Help Center
- Distribute and collect evaluations from all pupils and tutors; Analyze results to identify innovative ways to improve services.
- Recruit mentors
- Collect applications from students wishing to participate in the mentor program
- Coordinate matches between participants and mentors
- Plan events for all participants to attend at least once a semester
- Distribute and collect program evaluations from mentors and mentees
- Review and keep appropriate documentation for students requesting accommodations for a disability
- Coordinate appropriate accommodations
- Communicate with each student receiving services in person or via e-mail at the beginning of every term to ensure that their needs will be met in their courses.
- Communicate with faculty at the beginning of every term identifying students with special accommodation needs and how to meet those needs.
- Organize all school summer picnics for students and staff
- Coordinate and monitor student news and information on the College campus calendar and message board
- Serve on the Student Reentry committee
- Serve on the SAP Appeal committee
- Participate in Department Head meetings once a month
- Provide input on committees as requested
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.