- Cleveland, OH
- Full Time
Dean of Nursing – Cleveland, OH
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Academic Operations, your main responsibility will be providing oversight and innovative leadership in planning, implementing, and evaluating the BSN program and its faculty. As a member of the leadership team, you will be collaborating closely with other members of the team on policy-making and assisting in assuring that the College’s vision, mission, and core values are foundational elements in guiding decision-making and actions. Additionally, you will be:
- Acting as a visible ambassador, who actively promotes collaboration with an array of campus and community partners.
- Recruiting, supervising, developing, and directing a professional staff, to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning.
- Managing personnel, budget, and other resources with accountability and efficiency.
- Ensuring the BSN program operations are conducted in compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and within standards of accreditation.
- Actively participating in program evaluation and the systematic plan for curriculum design.
- Promoting student success by advising and counseling students; facilitating communication and maintaining satisfactory relationships between students and faculty members.
- Serving on a variety of committees and chairing the monthly meetings of the nursing faculty.
This overview represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of the position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
What We Need from You:
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We’ve listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position.
- Effective leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills.
- Possess a professional and collaborative demeanor with the heart of a teacher. A personality that has the ability to address and resolve conflicts with integrity and compassion, and that can actively develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Must be an excellent and active listener, consistent, reflective, and self-aware.
- Superior ability to communicate persuasively, effectively, and thoughtfully, to promote collaboration and teamwork, and engender trust and respect. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written abilities.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem-solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
Time to Impress Us:
We’re proud of our experienced team — so we’re looking for someone with a background that can match. The required qualifications for this role are:
- A master’s and doctoral degree in Nursing is required.
- Three to five years of progressive leadership experience including supervisory experience and prior experience with curriculum, academic programs, and the development and growth of academic initiatives.
- Licensed/eligible (unrestricted) as a Registered Nurse in Ohio.
What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
- Rest and relaxation with generous PTO and holiday benefits.
- Robust health and welfare benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision.
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match.
#excelonassociates – S