- Full Time
- Hammond, IN
Dean of the College of Nursing, Purdue University Northwest (PNW)
Purdue University Northwest seeks an innovative, equity-focused nursing leader to serve as the Dean of the College of Nursing (CON).
The role involves driving forward the college’s academic, research, and clinical activities. As a dean, you will uphold accreditation standards, bolster the college’s existing reputation, and drive growth in scholarship. Your leadership will be crucial to navigate the challenges of public universities in today’s complex education landscape.
Reporting to the Provost and Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, you will provide strategic and academic leadership for the college. Your responsibilities will include:
- Advancing the college’s mission of learning, discovery, and engagement.
- Upholding and maintaining accreditation standards while driving growth in scholarship.
- Managing an annual budget of approximately $14.7 million.
- Overseeing a diverse body of approximately 1,600 graduate and undergraduate students and more than 136 faculty and staff members.
- Working collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, donors, alumni, and college leaders to establish a new vision and direction for the college.
- Understanding and navigating the challenges of public universities in today’s higher education landscape.
- Participating actively in program development, curricular enhancement, budget planning, and assessment of student learning.
- Advancing student success by ensuring focus on academic, personal, and career dimensions.
- Fostering an environment that encourages educational innovation and high expectations in teaching, service, and research.
- Promoting a welcoming and inclusive climate that values diversity and inclusivity.
- Engaging in resource generation through fundraising initiatives, partnerships, and envisioning new academic programs or delivery methods.
- Providing leadership on policy and procedure development for the college.
- Using quantitative analysis, assessment, and outcome measurements to drive evidence-based planning and accreditation efforts.
- Collaborating with external stakeholders, including alumni, donors, industry, government, and community partners.
Purdue University Northwest is a premier metropolitan university located in Northwest Indiana, dedicated to transforming the lives of our students and community. The university houses six colleges, including the College of Nursing. PNW is consistently ranked among the best regional universities by U.S. News & World Report.
The College of Nursing, accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, including an online RN-BSN Completion Program, BSN-Professional, Accelerated Bachelor’s Second Degree (BSN), and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), among others.
As the Dean of Nursing, you will play a crucial role in program development, curricular enhancement, budget planning, and assessment of student learning. Your duties will also include advancing student success, enhancing curricular innovation, promoting diversity and excellence, and engaging in resource generation.
Ideal candidates should have an earned doctorate in a discipline appropriate to the college and academic credentials and scholarly achievement deserving of the rank of Professor with tenure in the College of Nursing. Alongside academic excellence, we’re looking for a proven academic leader who is inclusive, committed, mentoring, partnership-building, strategically-minded, entrepreneurial, evidence-driven, and highly trustworthy.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*A complete job description will be shared with all qualified candidates