- Full Time
- Miami, FL
Conscious Discipline Coach – Miami, FL
Our client is a progressive, independent institution that prioritizes happiness, emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and a challenging curriculum. This curriculum includes language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, and collaboration. The school’s approach to learning is strengths-based, providing all students and teachers with opportunities to engage in what they love through project- and problem-based learning. The school’s mission is to promote:
- Student happiness and thriving
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
The curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally-minded families. The school’s intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
The school is seeking a Conscious Discipline Coach to join its growing team. The Conscious Discipline Coach will teach Conscious Discipline classes to students of all ages and work with the Faculty to improve and refine mindfulness practices and Conscious Discipline practices, structures, and daily routines in classrooms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Embody Conscious Discipline practices.
- Serve as a guide and Conscious Discipline Coach among Faculty & Staff.
- Attend required team meetings.
- Communicate effectively and execute projects on time.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A minimum of two (2) years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Experience coaching and giving technical instruction to peers
- Mindfulness Education certification preferred
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with diverse groups of professionals across multiple departments and organizations
- Ability to apply knowledge of mindfulness in the area of social-emotional learning
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively with school administration, teachers, staff, and students.
- Experience with curriculum development and lesson planning
- Ability to develop respectful professional relationships and trust with school administration, teachers, and peers.
- Skilled in time management, ability to effectively achieve multiple goals and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.