- Full Time
- Brooklyn Park, MN
Associate Dean of Nursing
The Associate Dean of Nursing assists Nursing leadership in the development and implementation of the long-term quality program(s) and works collaboratively with all members of the nursing/campus team. To effectively render support, the Associate Nursing Dean must be familiar with the processes of teaching, program evaluation, and oversight to identify gaps and take action to improve program quality, enhance current systems, define and prioritize high-value quality projects and manage projects to completion.
This role is responsible for promoting and supporting the vision and mission of the University and is designated and authorized to act on behalf of the Dean of Nursing or Area Dean in his/her absence or in lieu of a Dean of Nursing or Area Dean as determined by the individual campus/programmatic model.
Minimum expectations include a focus on the following areas:
- Student Outreach and Support
- Service to University & Community
- Professional Development
Nursing Program(s) Governance 51%
- Directly support the mission and purpose of the governing organization and the mission and purpose of a nursing education unit in the achievement of a nursing program’s end-of-program student learning outcomes and program outcomes.
- Conduct faculty observations and coaching, mentoring, and evaluating faculty members and staff under the direction of the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing.
- Oversee onboarding and nursing orientation of new faculty to all learning environments as directed by the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing.
- Assist the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing in organizing and scheduling faculty and staff work assignments.
- Attend campus meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings as designated by the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing including but not limited to: pinning ceremonies, University graduations, community events, programmatic meetings, and committee meetings.
- Maintain a professional image, attitude, work area, and communication style at all times; exhibit professional behavior, language, communication, demeanor, and dress at all times.
- Facilitate positive communication and develops collegial relationships with students, faculty, staff, and clinical partners to promote positive learning environments.
- Maintain high-performance standards for self that support the overall strategic plan and vision of the School of Nursing and University and holds self accountable for achieving results.
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to all nursing students, faculty, and staff requests for information and/or guidance.
- Demonstrate strict adherence to all institutional, governmental, and accreditation policies, regulations, and codes of conduct at all times.
- May provide instruction and evaluate student learning in assigned courses.
Outcome Attainment 10%
- Participate in tracking key academic metrics used to monitor the performance of the nursing programs including but not limited to: NCLEX pass rates, program completion rates, and graduation rates as guided by the Program Performance Report.
- Participate in the development of action plans to address any areas not meeting the program standards.
- Assist the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing/Faculty in assessing clinical site satisfaction and addressing opportunities for improvement.
Curriculum Supervision 10%
- Contribute to sustaining and delivering school curricula in accordance with programmatic accreditation standards and strategic planning goals.
- Assist the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing to ensure documented program and course assessments are monitored and maintained to ensure the excellence and integrity of the programs.
Student Success 10%
- Provide advising/counseling to nursing students related to concerns or conduct issues under the direction of the Dean.
- Assist the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing to represent the University and the School of Nursing to students, professional organizations, partners, the healthcare community, and other relevant constituencies.
- Assist the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing in creating high levels of student engagement through activities, community building, and student-centered learning.
The Associate Dean of Nursing reports to the Regional Dean, Area Dean, or Dean of Nursing (depending on the staffing model) and assists the direct supervisor with the fulfillment of the goals of the nursing education unit as well as achieving the nursing program’s end-of-program student learning outcomes and program outcomes. The Associate Dean of Nursing also assists with scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum matters, instruction, development, student arbitration, resource matters, faculty oversight, and other academic matters in the assigned program. The Associate Dean of Nursing may provide formal supervision and direct management of faculty associated with the program.
- Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN/MAN) from an accredited institution
- 1 year or more experience serving as faculty member in a professional nursing education program and/or higher education administration experience.
- 1 year or more management experience within the nursing field.
- 2 years or more full-time or equivalent direct care experience as a practicing nurse.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point and Teams.
- Demonstrated track record of organizational/team/individual development.
- Proven ability to manage day-to-day business operations with discipline and a keen focus on details.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.