- Full Time
- New Haven County, CT
Under the general supervision of the University Registrar, this position is responsible for the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office as it applies to student records. In addition, this position will be the key alongside the Registrar in streamlining processes as it relates to the office and how it impacts the University. This is a full-time position located in New Haven County, CT.
Essential Responsibilities relating to:
Celebrating Student Success:
- Oversees the evaluation of student transcripts, degree audits, and institution catalogs for graduation eligibility
- Provides direction to students, faculty, and staff as it relates to the graduation and degree completion process
- Responsible for the commencement booklet
- Responsible for overseeing the accuracy of reports related to Honor’s Societies
- Oversees distribution of President’s, Dean’s, and Provost’s Lists
- Directs communications with students regarding graduation and ceremony participation
- Maintains graduation applications in the SIS and determines eligibility
Leadership within the University:
- Lead the Term Scheduling and Classroom Assignment processes for both ADP and the Main Campus
- Prepares and distributes periodic reports both externally and internally including Clearinghouse and NSLDS enrollment reporting
- Serves on the petition committee representing the Registrar’s Office and processes petition results
- Leads the digitalization of archived records
- Promotes policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations; including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); advises University staff regarding the development and implementation of responses to regulatory changes
- Collaborate with Advising, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Compliance on University-wide initiatives
Maintaining Integrity of Student Records:
- Monitors and maintains the student database as it applies to student degree completion
- Maintain a 2-year schedule for ADP Courses in collaboration with Academic Affairs
- Assists the Registrar with the University’s database by completing periodic data clean-up and resolves issues related to the database information accuracy
- Other duties assigned by the Registrar
- This position requires a flexible schedule and weekend hours as needed to meet the operational needs of the Office.
- Recommends and implements improvements to office operations; assists with strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a supportive, calm, service-oriented demeanor when dealing with students, faculty, and staff.
- Serves on committees as needed. Attends campus events such as graduation and open house.
- Supervises support staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in higher education, Registrar’s Office experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel
- Possesses an understanding of student records policies and FERPA.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills; maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- A problem solver; is a solutions-oriented person.
- Energetic and goal-oriented; strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Database management skills including report writing, ability to import data, maintain records, and generate reports using extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Preferred knowledge in working with Campus Nexus students.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.