- Full Time
- Austin, TX
Assistant Program Director, DPT
Provides assistance to Program Director in direction/ leadership and planning of Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program to ensure smooth operation, active assessment of student learning, and curriculum development based on assessment information. Assists in coordination with the faculty and staff of other academic programs, online education, instructional delivery, and shared service providers for course development and delivery of the curriculum. Interacts with various University departments for problem-solving and project development, and with other first-professional programs for an interprofessional delivery of content. Participates in the teaching of the DPT program.
- In conjunction with the Program Director Chair and Dean, develop and revise program policies and procedures, as well as admission, academic progression, and graduation standards.
- Marketing and inquiries: Participate in marketing activities as needed.
- Believes, upholds, and demonstrates Core Values.
- Act to improve the student experience by assisting in assessing student learning outcomes, success, and satisfaction. Evaluate data for program changes as part of the program and institutional assessment.
- Assist in quality assessment of courses and implementation of changes resulting in educational effectiveness.
- Interact with other departments for the smooth operation of the Program: Enrollment Services, Registration, Admissions, Student Services, Finance, Library, and others as needed.
- Support University efforts to maintain institutional and programmatic accreditation.
- Work with Online Education and the Digital Teaching and Learning Team to assure the development of courses and revision as needed.
- Participate in university committee work, faculty meetings, and special events for the program (i.e. orientation, interviews, registration, info-sessions, fundraisers, off-campus visits, commencement, etc.)
- Provide curricular modifications in consultation with program directors, faculty, and the instructional design team.
- Assist in activities of faculty development to include supervision, evaluation, and coordination of contributing faculty sessions.
- Teaching responsibilities in entry-level programs; service and scholarship duties as required for all core faculty.
- Recruitment, hiring, training/development, supervision, and annual performance evaluation of core and contributing faculty; support local faculty with student-related advisement, progression, and retention issues.
- Work with the marketing committee, and admissions to develop and implement marketing strategies to promote the program. Prepare and make presentations to various physical therapy and community groups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Outstanding ability to communicate by distance via written response and face to face.
- Recommended teaching experience in blended formats (i.e. online and face to face).
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently with numerous projects/tasks with little or no supervision.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Supports student success, and core values of the University.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations for marketing and community/professional activities
- An advanced doctoral degree is preferred, however, candidates with a clinical doctorate will be considered. Salary and rank are commensurate with credentials and experience. Applications will be reviewed immediately and ongoing until the position is filled.
- Three years of higher education administrative experience in a DPT program is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, and data analysis skills. Strong research methodology and statistical experience are recommended.
- Accreditation experience is recommended.
- Experience with collaboration and teamwork building.
- Skilled with the use of Microsoft Office products.