- Full Time
- Riffa, Kingdom of Bahrain
An international university based in Bahrain is seeking applicants for a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor position in Industrial engineering starting Spring term 2022. Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering obtained from a reputable western university.
Successful applicants are expected to have teaching experience in the following areas: Operational Research; Quantitative Methods and Systems Optimization; Facility Planning and Design; Engineering Economics; Systems Design and Supply Chain Management; Safety and Quality engineering, and Engineering Technology Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks, as needed:• Teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses• Supervise student projects• Serve and Lead various College and University academic committees• Conduct Research and Establish partnerships with Industry and other Academic Institutions
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, or related fields
- Experience with industry in the field of Engineering and Technology Management
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in the field of industrial engineering or engineering management6.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Quality management systems, creating production standards, labor reporting
- Capacity planning, developing line layouts, process improvements
- Cost reductions, new product implementations, manufacturing techniques
- Use of digital devices to monitor and control system
- Use of collaborative robots
- Use of additive manufacturing technologies
- Managing human resources, interconnected through digital devices
- Maintenance plans development
- Scheduling software (e.g., MS Project; Primavera Software)
- SPSS and Excel statistical tools
- Arena simulation programming
- Principles of C++ programming
- AutoCAD (2D, 3D)