- Full Time
- Ontario, CA
Assistant Dean of Nursing
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Dean of Nursing, your main responsibility will be providing oversight and innovative leadership support in planning, implementing, and evaluating the BSN program and its faculty. Additionally, you will be:
- Acting as a visible ambassador for the College who actively promotes collaboration with an array of campus and community partners.
- Serving as Assistant to the Dean by maintaining calendars and managing special projects.
- Supporting the Dean with recruiting efforts and selecting new staff members.
- Assisting with directing professional staff to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning.
- Maintain a course workload of up to 27 credit hours.
- Ensuring the BSN program operations are conducted in compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and within standards of accreditation.
- Promoting student success by advising and counseling students; facilitating communication and maintaining satisfactory relationships between students and faculty members.
- Serving as a mentor for full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Conducting evaluations of faculty and staff as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date faculty files in accordance with accreditation standards.
This overview represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of the position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
What We Need From You:
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We’ve listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position.
- Effective leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills.
- Possess a professional and collaborative demeanor with the heart of a teacher. A personality that has the ability to address and resolve conflicts with integrity and compassion, and that can actively develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Must be an excellent and active listener, consistent, reflective, and self-aware.
- Superior ability to communicate persuasively, effectively, and thoughtfully, to promote collaboration and teamwork, and to engender trust and respect. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written abilities.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem-solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
Time to Impress Us:
We’re proud of our experienced team — so we’re looking for someone with a background that can match. The required qualifications for this role are:
- A master’s degree in Nursing; a doctorate degree is considered highly advantageous.
- Three to five years of progressive leadership experience including supervisory experience and prior experience with curriculum, academic programs, and the development and growth of academic initiatives.
- Licensed/eligible (unrestricted) as a Registered Nurse in California.
What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
- Rest and relaxation with generous PTO and holiday benefits.
- Robust health and welfare benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision.
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match.
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.