- Full Time
- Albuquerque, NM
We are currently seeking an Admissions Advisor for an opportunity in Albuquerque, NM.
This opportunity is for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic team environment, and who sees metrics as a challenge to beat. At our partner’s college, working in Admissions is an opportunity for you to thrive at your job while helping potential students improve their lives. We are looking for energetic high performers that are driven to contribute to a successful community.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for their full-time employees which includes a generous amount of paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, HSA Matching, 401k, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Long Term Disability, 401k, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Access, etc.
The College offers technical trades programs in topics ranging from automotive repair to assisting in a medical environment. Program offerings are based on the anticipated need of the communities they live and work in, and they consistently meet with local employers to ensure their students leave with the skills they need to be successful.
This position is responsible for contacting, interviewing, evaluating, and enrolling students into the College. The Admissions Advisor is crucial to generating interest in the school and setting realistic expectations for potential students about the offerings of its programs.
- Contact potential students (leads) via phone and other means
- Follow the College’s student enrollment process at all times to ensure compliance
- Maintain appropriate contact with all students throughout the entire enrollment process
- Generate interest in the College’s programs through the use of student interviews and tours and encourage interest in campus programs based on student educational and career goals
- Demonstrate effective teamwork with all members of the enrollment team to meet student needs, assisting any student as needed
- Facilitate a meeting with financial services to develop a financial plan for their education
- Accurately complete all enrollment paperwork in a timely manner
- Schedule appointments with and interview students to determine goals and verify the college’s admissions requirements
- Answer all potential student questions and address all concerns regarding the College and education in general
- Utilize the lead database (Velocify) to contact students, schedule appointments and tours, and update and record information about leads in the database
- Maintain compliance standards set by accrediting bodies, DOE, and the College by setting realistic expectations for students about the school and its programs
- Attend campus Stitch-In meetings to report on students throughout their enrollment process
- Attend occasional community events to encourage interest in the College
- Assist with campus enrollment events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- This position requires light work, occasionally lifting up to 20 pounds while frequently lifting up to 10 pounds. Administrative work requires sitting for long periods of time and consistent use of a computer. Position is required to express complex topics through speech and written communication. The worker may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions and chemical odors during admissions tours. This position may require driving to campus locations to give admissions tours.
- Working Hours – Full Time, 40 hours per week. Schedule may vary between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, Monday – Thursday, and 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday, based on student needs. This position may be asked to work occasional weekends or holidays as needed.
- Wages: Are dependent on experience
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: Associate’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field. Additional two (2) years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a formal degree
- Experience: 1+ years of sales, customer service, admissions, education, or related experience
- License(s)/Certification(s): Must be able to obtain and maintain any state-required permits or licenses
Excelon does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.